About Me

My photo
Born in Nashville, grew up in Philly. Now I'm sort of all over the place.

Friday, October 1, 2010

The chicken traditionally falls off the bone

P1050630
This past summer I helped move my grandparents out of their house into a new place on the grounds of an assisted living facility. Helping them pack up, I got to take some awesome family heirlooms with me. This cast-iron, porcelain coated braising pot was my grandmother's (she's still alive, but she gave me the pot). She writes this about the pot: "In about the 1960's those heavy enamal covered pans got very popular. I used that one a lot for parties for you mom and your uncles' friends . . . spaghetti, casserole dishes, etc. I used it a lot at one time particularly for informal and outdoor gatherings." This was the first time it's been used in awhile. Those are teeny potatoes provided by Trader Joe's for $1.99.


P1050629

No comments:

Post a Comment