About Me

My photo
Born in Nashville, grew up in Philly. Now I'm sort of all over the place.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Making Love to the Camera

I use Google Maps to locate destinations like most people. Sometimes I have been so bold (bored?) as to use Google Streetview to undertake some digital tourism of places I'll probably never visit, such as this urban park in Bangkok, Thailand. What can I say? I found a tourist map of Bangkok in a pile of freebies on a stoop in Brooklyn, and being drawn to this enormous green gem on the map I decided to take a "drive" around.

Google Streetview was launched on May 25th, 2007 and since then has come to document the streets and sidewalks of many cities around the globe. I've seen all kinds of weird shots of street life before, but now Jon Rafman has created a Tumblr account displaying what have got to be some of the weirdest vignettes of all time.

tumblr_l2ixd4rgJk1qzun8o

No comments:

Post a Comment